8-Week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Programme
MBSR is a blend of meditation, body awareness, and mindful movement: learning through practice how your body handles, and can resolve, stress.
This course includes an all-day retreat.
|What you need to know:||
“Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t).”
One of the most effective ways mindfulness is taught is via an 8-week programme called the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme. By participating in this programme, you will learn ways to live more fully with a deeper sense of calm and peace of mind, whilst optimizing your own health and well-being.
The MBSR programme consists of two-hour classes, each week for 8 weeks, plus an all day silent retreat.
Places will be limited to 10 participants and payment will be required to secure your booking.
Here is some feedback from participants of the MBSR Programme facilitated by Jo:
– "Jo is kind, sensitive, thoughtful and knowledgeable. She is reassuringly unscary and patiently explains everything"
– "It has helped me to take a step back from my life – to pause and to decide: “in this moment, do i want to carry on as before?”. That perspective is really valuable."
– "[the programme taught me] lots of different tools that can be adapted and integrated into daily life. Modules were really well structured and good that they focused on one topic/goal" Lesley
– “The programme has enabled me to make positive changes in my day to day life and being made more self aware and kinder to myself enables me to be kinder to those I am close to. Have really enjoyed my 2 hours a week” Vince
– "Jo has shown me how to be the me hiding inside – she has a truly amazing gift and I feel so honoured to have been taught by her" Suzy