Having worked in a variety of corporate environments over the years doing project and stakeholder management, I can fully appreciate the challenges of working life. I believe that mindfulness training can provide a healthy way to balance the many demands which can sometimes make life feel overwhelming and lacking in perspective.
In the busy, fast paced and highly charged lives many of us lead there has never been a more pressing need to find ways to de-stress. Research shows that practicing meditation and mindfulness can be a successful route to this. I understand the challenges that individuals face when first learning about mindfulness. This is true in any setting, private or public sector.
What are the benefits?
• Stress Reduction
• Boost in working memory
• Increased Focus
• Less emotional reactivity
• More cognitive flexibility leading to creativity
• Enhanced self-insight
• Increased immune functioning
• Improved general well-being
• Increase information processing speed
• Greater emotional resilience
What are the aims?
To enable individuals within a group setting to begin to understand their own stress and how it impacts their life. They can then begin to learn ways to manage their stress, and their lives, in more skilful ways.
What will we cover?
- Mindfulness, stress and autopilot
- Perception and conditioning, neuroscience
- Awareness of the body
- Using the body as an anchor
- Mindful communication
- Mindfulness in every day life, and how to best take
What’s the set-up?
- Teaching can be in one-one settings or groups
- All courses include a combination of teaching and practice
- Workshops available for training days
- Training will focus on a variety of techniques that can be used in daily life to support emotional regulation and resilience
- Courses and workshops will be bespoke and tailored to your industry
- Courses can be delivered during the daytime, usually during the lunch hour or if preferred after work hours depending on your preference.
6 – week course option
- 6-week course
- 1 hour over lunch break or beginning/end of day
- Weekly handouts
- Weekly email
- Resources and next steps
"Advertising is a thrilling career but it takes a lot out of you. So it's vitally important to give our people techniques and skills to manage their own health and wellbeing. By investing in mindfulness training at LIDA we are investing in our people and giving them tools that will protect them and teach them resilience. Jo has shown a real appreciation for our business through her training, and the feedback has been so incredible that we are re-running the course to benefit even more staff."Victoria Fox, CEO, LIDA
"LMA operates within an incredibly competitive sector. One of my biggest challenges is to retain my most talented people, and an equally big challenge is to help them handle a relentless job in a way which is sustainable. The work that Jo has done with my team has helped me with both challenges. By investing in mindfulness training, my team not only have new ways to manage the every day stress they are under, but they also feel additionally appreciated and supported by their company. "Russell Thompson, Managing Director, LMA Recruitment
Very useful sessions which changed our vision of the world. Very calm coach who always answered our questionsElodie Hong, Senior Consultant
Jo has been fantastic and very calming even from the first meeting when she introduced the course to usNefino, Associate Director
Jo’s passion for mindfulness is compelling. Jo teaches her subject with passion and enthusiasm. Throughout the course she instructs us how to live more mindfully and in the present but also prompts us to come to your own conclusions about areas of our lives that we live on auto pilot and that we are not even aware that we do it. This course has fundamentally changed the way I view various aspects of my life!Lynne
Jo delivered LIDA’s first ever mindfulness for staff programme and I would have no reservation in recommending her to other businesses looking to do something tangible to support the wellbeing of their staff. She is professional, knowledgeable and charismatic and the participants on her course couldn’t speak highly enough of herJo, Head of Talent